Katubwe Village Farm (KVF) is a small-scale farm located in the rural area of Banda Katubwe in Wakiso District with coordinates 0.450545N,32.473429E about 20 km away from Kampala City. It is about 5 km off Kampala Hoima with a turn-off at Kyoga 1 km from Wakiso Town. KVF is a model farm promoting sustainable farming in the rural area setting with the aim of preserving the environment and enhancing the capacity of the farm to meet the needs of current and future generations. It is an integrated farm engaged in activities that cut across the sectors of agriculture, education, and tourism. The farm is covered by diverse vegetation that includes eucalyptus, pine, musizi, bamboos, bananas, coffee, cocoa, palms, and herbal plants among others. A permanent river supplying water all year round flows through the farm.
The farm is covered by diverse vegetation that include eucalyptus, pine, musizi and other indigenous trees. Different types of bamboos plants are all over the farm. In the various parts of the farm one finds bananas. coffee, cocoa and various types of palms. A permanent river flows through the farm supplying water to the artistic fish ponds.
Our Value Proposition
What We Do
KVF supports the development and sharing of innovative and creative farming solutions in the rural area setting and is involved in the following key activities;
- Promotion of innovative farming solutions.
- Preservation and protection of the environment.
- Promotion of sustainable farming.
- Carrying out activities that make the farm attractive to visitors and the community.
- Share farming solutions with the community.
- Promotion of value addition at the farm level and
- Building the farming capacity of the rural communities.
How We Fulfil Our Mission
We fulfil our mission through engaging in the following activities;
- Share sustainable farming solutions with community, research organisations and policy makers;
- Promotes value addition at farm level;
- Builds capacity of the community in various areas;
- Plants trees and crops that protect the environment and
- Carry out activities that make the farm attractive to visitors.
We are guided by the following core values in the way we relate with each other and our stakeholders;
- Maintaining stable natural environment
- Walking the talk;
- Inspiring and educating the community to engage in sustainable farming;
- Promoting creativity and Innovation at farm level and
- Valuing our staff and customers.
Our Value Proposition
We enable our visitors to experience sustainable farming in the rural area setting in addition to the following;
- Connecting with the rural community;
- Learning and experiencing a sustainable farming approach;
- Sharing lessons learned in developing the farm;
- Enjoying the conducive fresh environment and
- Sharing information on healthy living.